Female-founded in 2014 by Bronya Shillo, Fishers Island Lemonade is always seeking qualified candidates to join our growing team! Learn more about Fishers Island Lemonade in our Find Your Island video on YouTube. View our list of open full-time and part-time jobs & career opportunities below.
We are currently looking for Field Sales Representatives for Massachusetts and New York. The Field Sales Representative is responsible for achieving volume and distribution goals for Fishers Island Lemonade. The FSR works autonomously to maintain and expand current accounts and open new accounts within the territory. A high emphasis is placed on increasing the availability and visibility of products in new and existing accounts. The FSR represents Fishers Island Lemonade at various functions and supports the Sales Management Team in the development of programs and ensuring wholesaler accountability.
• Selling the Fishers Island Lemonade portfolio and achieving volume objectives for the state in retail accounts (both On- & Off-Premise).
• Achieve distribution, display space(s), and shelf placements in off-premise retail accounts.
• Secure menu features, back bar placements, and promotions to bring brand awareness to on-premise retail accounts.
• Support wholesalers in sales merchandising activities such as building displays, developing and displaying point of sale, etc.
• Identifying accounts that are not being penetrated with FIL products, and develop a plan to close new business.
• Conducting sampling events, waitstaff/bartender educations, and evening promotions.
• Track and record daily market visits through our in house sales reporting software.
• Must be 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, and a safe driving record with a reliable mode of transportation to travel to and from various locations
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
• Experience in the alcohol beverage industry (preferred)
• Excellent problem solving & communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
• Ability to lift and move 45+ pounds
• Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point-of-sale frequently
• Must be able to personally pay or charge ordinary and necessary business expenses that will be reimbursed on a monthly basis
• Candidates must reside in or near their territory
*Please provide an up-to-date resume, cover letter, and a minimum of two professional references.
In this newly created role, the Controller will develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both finance and operations. This role will be responsible for managing all the financial needs of the company, including forecasting, preparing P&L statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, and other relevant financial statements. This is an incredible opportunity for someone of high professional integrity to join in a key leadership role for our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial, female founder-led company.
• Prepare or direct preparation of reports that summarize and forecast company business activity (financial statements, P&L, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies), and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations
• Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns
• Direct preparation of budgets in collaboration with CEO and department heads in Marketing, Sales, and other functions.
• Monitor financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met
• Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Oversee accounting software and make recommendations for improvements
• Ensure compliance with and payment of all federal and state excise and sales tax requirements, following TTB and state regulatory fees and schedules.
• Direct the administration of wholesaler billbacks, as compliant with state and federal regulations.
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities. Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets
• Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments
• Coordinate the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing process
• Review company financial statements for accuracy and clarity
• Maintain current knowledge for organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
• Supervise employees and outside contractors performing financial reporting, accounting; payables and receivables, payroll and budgeting duties
• Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities
• Requires a BA, BS, or higher degree — CPA, professional accounting education, or graduate degree in finance
• Minimum 5-8 years of experience overseeing the finances of an organization
• Alcoholic beverage experience and familiarity with the three-tier system strongly preferred, particularly past experience at a beverage manufacturer or wholesaler.
• Must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial, founder-led environment.
• Leadership skills to work effectively with CEO and management team.
• Experience managing employees and outside accounting resources.
• Experience preparing financial statements and practicing GAAP
• Experience with Quickbooks strongly preferred
• Available to travel to address business needs e.g. supply chain
• Available to work extended hours to meet critical deadlines
*Please provide an up to date resume, cover letter, and a minimum of two professional references.
Fishers Island Lemonade is looking to expand our team! We’re currently hiring Brand Ambassadors to help with in-store sampling/tasting demos, festivals, events, and online brand awareness. This is a part-time, remote position with the opportunity for growth.
Brand ambassadors spread the word about FIL by sampling products, educating customers and influencers on our story, and creating an overall awareness of the brand. The ideal candidate will be passionate about learning about Fishers Island Lemonade, a great team player, friendly, responsible, and available to work evenings and weekends (especially holiday weekends Memorial Day through Labor Day).
Currently hiring in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts (Boston, Cape Cod, Shoreline), Vermont, New York (Long Island, Westchester, Manhattan), and New Jersey. Must be 21+.
Interested in learning more about our jobs & career opportunities? Contact us.