Female-founded in 2014 by Bronya Shillo, Fishers Island Lemonade is always seeking qualified candidates to join our growing team! Learn more about Fishers Island Lemonade in our Find Your Island video on YouTube. View our list of open full-time and part-time jobs & career opportunities below.
We are currently looking for Field Sales Representatives for CT, RI, MA, NY, and NJ. The Field Sales Representative is responsible for achieving volume and distribution goals for Fishers Island Lemonade. The FSR works autonomously to maintain and expand current accounts and open new accounts within the territory. A high emphasis is placed on increasing the availability and visibility of products in new and existing accounts. The FSR represents Fishers Island Lemonade at various functions and supports the Sales Management Team in the development of programs and ensuring wholesaler accountability.
• Selling the Fishers Island Lemonade portfolio and achieving volume objectives for the state in retail accounts (both On- & Off-Premise).
• Achieve distribution, display space(s), and shelf placements in off-premise retail accounts.
• Secure menu features, back bar placements, and promotions to bring brand awareness to on-premise retail accounts.
• Support wholesalers in sales merchandising activities such as building displays, developing and displaying point of sale, etc.
• Identifying accounts that are not being penetrated with FIL products, and develop a plan to close new business.
• Conducting sampling events, waitstaff/bartender educations, and evening promotions.
• Track and record daily market visits through our in house sales reporting software.
• Must be 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, and a safe driving record with a reliable mode of transportation to travel to and from various locations
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
• Experience in the alcohol beverage industry (preferred)
• Excellent problem solving & communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
• Ability to lift and move 45+ pounds
• Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point-of-sale frequently
• Must be able to personally pay or charge ordinary and necessary business expenses that will be reimbursed on a monthly basis
• Candidates must reside in or near their territory
*Please provide an up-to-date resume, cover letter, and a minimum of two professional references.
In this newly created role, the Controller will develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both finance and operations. This role will be responsible for managing all the financial needs of the company, including forecasting, preparing P&L statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, and other relevant financial statements. This is an incredible opportunity for someone of high professional integrity to join in a key leadership role for our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial, female founder-led company.
• Prepare or direct preparation of reports that summarize and forecast company business activity (financial statements, P&L, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies), and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations
• Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns
• Direct preparation of budgets in collaboration with CEO and department heads in Marketing, Sales, and other functions.
• Monitor financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met
• Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Oversee accounting software and make recommendations for improvements
• Ensure compliance with and payment of all federal and state excise and sales tax requirements, following TTB and state regulatory fees and schedules.
• Direct the administration of wholesaler billbacks, as compliant with state and federal regulations.
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities. Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets
• Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments
• Coordinate the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing process
• Review company financial statements for accuracy and clarity
• Maintain current knowledge for organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
• Supervise employees and outside contractors performing financial reporting, accounting; payables and receivables, payroll and budgeting duties
• Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities
• Requires a BA, BS, or higher degree — CPA, professional accounting education, or graduate degree in finance
• Minimum 5-8 years of experience overseeing the finances of an organization
• Alcoholic beverage experience and familiarity with the three-tier system strongly preferred, particularly past experience at a beverage manufacturer or wholesaler.
• Must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial, founder-led environment.
• Leadership skills to work effectively with CEO and management team.
• Experience managing employees and outside accounting resources.
• Experience preparing financial statements and practicing GAAP
• Experience with Quickbooks strongly preferred
• Available to travel to address business needs e.g. supply chain
• Available to work extended hours to meet critical deadlines
*Please provide an up to date resume, cover letter, and a minimum of two professional references.
Fishers Island Lemonade is seeking a New England Territory/State Manager, responsible for establishing and executing sales strategies, managing sales budgets, executing marketing programs, increasing brand presence, and developing relationships for new business. He/she will be accountable for delivering volume, distribution, merchandising, and pricing performance across Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine (Northern New England). Inherent in this responsibility is managing wholesaler relationships as well as major customer relationships. As a face of the FIL brand your passion and personality must shine, having an entrepreneurial mindset, along with knowledge and pre-existing relationships in the liquor space is highly desired. This role will be focused on growing and supporting the aforementioned markets.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone of high professional integrity who wants to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing organization, gain valuable experience in a fun, friendly and collaborative environment. Ideally, the candidate would reside in the New England area (preferably CT, RI, or MA) and is required to spend more than 80% field time calling on accounts in his or her region, in order to reach both short- and long-term sales objectives. Our perfect match would be someone who is charismatic, obsessive about details, a team player, innovative thinker and problem solver. Come join the #1 selling Lemonade Canned Cocktail and make Fishers Island Lemonade the next drink of choice!
• Participate in the development and execution of annual sales plan for assigned geographic territory
• Actively develop and manage relationships with wholesaler personnel i.e. GMs, VPs, Account Executives, Sales Managers, Sales Reps, and Merchandising Teams
• Ensure the planning and implementation of sales programming in all markets, maintain and expand existing distribution and volume sales
• Support the DOS in the development and efficient management of all sales budgets; this includes monitoring and continually evaluating the assigned territory’s effective use of the trade budgets to assure maximum return on investment
• Visibility Management – ensure the planning and execution of price structures and shelf price are to brand priorities and standards in the market
• Spend time each month surveying the market to ensure that distribution, pricing, POS, displays, programs, menus and ads are executed brand priorities and standards
• Ensure POS and other marketing assets are utilized in the field with correct programs; participate in the development of program-specific POS
• Manage market work with distributor sales representatives, schedule and conduct distributor team meetings to inform and educate Sales Representatives of brand standards to optimize sales performance and participate in route rides, sampling events staff trainings and presentations
• Call on and activate key accounts in the market under the direction of the Manager; to ensure distribution, ordering, programming, brand familiarity, staff trainings and proper visibility. Includes development, evaluate brand building projects, implement creative programs to activate the consumer, including product samples, special offers, i.e. samples, special offers, etc.
• Travel to observe business conditions and to call key buyers, distributor personnel, and interact and work with retail sales value company sales personnel
• Participate in monthly wholesaler planning, sales meetings and presentations
• Pricing Management – ensure all retail sales value SKUs are priced properly and within defined standards
• Submit and review a daily CRM account report, weekly distributor recaps, monthly calendar, and sales planner
• Maintain accurate records regarding distributor profiles, retail and on-premise distribution, and competitive activity and pricing. Market analysis to track the brand’s performance and inform sales/marketing decisions
• Recruit, train, lead a team of brand ambassadors; coaching and working alongside in the field
• Oversee booking tastings and events, ensuring FIL over-delivers on commitments
• Lead projects from inception to completion; coordinate all activity with Manager
• Ensure all sales efforts follow state laws
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the beverage alcohol industry
• Strong knowledge of how wholesalers operate and what triggers share of mind and quota rotation; good knowledge of the art and science of wholesaler programming and pricing
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the RSV brands
• Strong Key account negotiation skills
• Existing strong relationships with wholesaler management, and liquor accounts in the New England area
• Ability to function effectively in an intimate, entrepreneurial business environment with high “esprit de corps” who can work well with or without supervision
• Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical
• Professional demeanor, calm under pressure
• Experience managing a team
• Excellent planner, organizer, executor, and excellent time management skills
• Willing to be very “hands-on” to get the job accomplished
• Financially responsible individual who knows how to manage budgets
• Experience with VIP, Internal CRM such as Lilypad or KARMA, pricing, and programming preferred
• Computer literate with Excel, Word and Microsoft office suite, knowledge of social media platforms
• Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills
• Ability to travel 75% of the time, owns a vehicle, work nights, weekends, and some holidays
• Maintain sobriety and professionalism, clean driving record
• A sense of humor preferred
• Must be 21+
*Please provide an up-to-date resume, cover letter, and a minimum of two professional references.
Fishers Island Lemonade is looking to expand our team! We’re currently hiring Brand Ambassadors to help with in-store sampling/tasting demos, festivals, events, and online brand awareness. This is a part-time, remote position with the opportunity for growth.
Brand ambassadors spread the word about FIL by sampling products, educating customers and influencers on our story, and creating an overall awareness of the brand. The ideal candidate will be passionate about learning about Fishers Island Lemonade, a great team player, friendly, responsible, and available to work evenings and weekends (especially holiday weekends Memorial Day through Labor Day).
Currently hiring in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts (Boston, Cape Cod, Shoreline), Vermont, New York (Long Island, Westchester, Manhattan), and New Jersey. Must be 21+.
Interested in learning more about our jobs & career opportunities? Contact us.